Vietnam Information Security Association (VNISA) , founded on August 14, 2007 according to Decision No. 1078/QD-BNV of Ministry of Home Affair of Vietnam, is the first non-profit organization of Vietnam that operates in the field of Information Security. VNISA promotes the development of professionalism in the Information Security industry, and encourages the VNISA’s members in professional development.
Currently, VNISA has more than 160 members, which are organizations of the Government,organizations of the Ministry of Defense and Police, Banking and Finance institutions, Telecom and Utilities companies, businesses providing Information Security solutions, consultancy, education, and the Information Security specialists.
VNISA has the task:
- Cooperate with Government Agencies: Authority of InfoSec/MIC, VNCERT/MIC, VGISC, …
- Promote Infosec education/training (Organize the information security competitions, …)
- Organize events, conferences, seminar of special subjects
- Survey on National/Industry information security status
- Lead up to the meetings among the organizations, businesses, help and cooperate to develop application of information security
- Promote International Cooperation
- Develop standards/guidelines.