“The market consolidation trend continues as IT security vendors look to extend their value-chain,” according to Takepoint Directing Analyst Jonathon Gordon. “Coming at OT/ICS Cyber from the exposure and risk vector makes a lot of sense for Industrial companies.”
According to Tenable, the buyout “Creates the industry’s first unified, risk-based platform for IT and OT Security.”
Tenable and Indegy deliver the following capabilities within a single platform:
- Risk-based measurement: Score, trend and benchmark IT and OT together in Tenable Lumin™, the company’s advanced visualization, analytics and measurement solution for cyber exposure. Organizations can apply a dedicated approach to IT and OT through asset-relevant policies, metrics and KPIs, while leveraging the power of Tenable Lumin to measure IT and OT risk together for more comprehensive decision-making.
- Unified view of IT and OT vulnerabilities: View and manage OT security issues alongside IT vulnerabilities, from assessment through closed-loop remediation verification. OT vulnerabilities now leverage the power of Tenable Predictive Prioritization, which applies data science to prioritize OT issues for remediation based on the vulnerability and its likelihood of exploitability.
- Depth of intelligence into OT environments: Indegy brings a deep understanding of the complete OT device, including components from multiple vendors and how they relate to each other, for more accurate and comprehensive management.
- IT and OT vulnerability assessment: Through its deep OT device intelligence, Indegy pioneered and patented a safe and non-intrusive way to bring active analysis to OT devices alongside passive monitoring. Indegy’s assessment approach, alongside Tenable’s combination of agent-based scanning, active analysis and passive monitoring, create the industry’s most accurate and comprehensive vulnerability data set.
- OT-specific process management: Security and plant operations teams both benefit from Indegy’s powerful OT asset inventory, configuration management and threat detection capabilities, in addition to its vulnerability management.
“For every company in every industry, OT is now part of the modern attack surface. CISOs are being asked to secure OT systems alongside IT, but lack the necessary visibility and technology to manage and measure OT cyber risk in the same way as IT risk,” said Amit Yoran, chairman and CEO, Tenable. “The combination of Tenable and Indegy brings together two pioneers of IT vulnerability management and industrial cybersecurity to deliver the industry’s first unified, risk-based view of IT and OT security. This is a game changer that will help transform how security and the C-suite make strategic decisions around OT risk. This acquisition is a critical milestone in delivering on our Cyber Exposure strategy to help organizations understand and reduce cyber risk across the entire modern attack surface. Indegy extends our depth of OT expertise and intelligence, and our breadth of OT-specific capabilities from vulnerability management to asset inventory, configuration management and threat detection. We look forward to working with the Indegy team to help the industry usher in the next wave of IT/OT convergence.”
Full PR Here